August 20, 2008

China - Day 7 - August 4th

Last day of the conference...

8:30 - Current research and practice in sports nutrition.
10:30 - Training of elite athletes
12:30 - Posters, posters, posters...
13:30 - Nutritional strategies and the application to paralympic sport
15:30 - Gym time!

The last day was great until the late afternoon sessions with nothing interesting to listen to... so I decided I should go to the gym and read the abstracts later. Apparently, I was not the only one as the gym was bussier than normal ;) After around 20 minutes on the boring treadmill, in a gym with no air conditioning and a pool in the same facility, I decided that I should just jump in the water for another swim. 2 swims in one week!! Lucky for me 2 Spanish biomechanists watched me swim and confirmed that yes, I do indeed have a swimming background. Phew... 20+ years of swimming must mean something, even though I have not swam a lot at all this year... :)

The closing ceremony was OK, just a dinner. Afterwards, we decided that we should have some drinks so we headed to block 1 lounge. The cocktails were incredibly cheap so I decided to try one. A bit of a mistake... that thing was so strong, I could not drink it. It did come in a pretty glass though... It was beer for me after that.



When I got back to my room, I had a note under my door saying that all the delegates staying in block 5 have to move into block 1 for the rest of their stay (one more night for me) because they needed to do security sweeps before the next conference. Damn. I had to pack, check out and then check back in again for just one night... what a pain... oh well!

No comments: