December 31, 2008

Its almost 2009...

Every year, towards the end of December and into January, I start playing the previous year in my head... look at what was good, bad, and ugly, draw some conclusions and move forward. I try not to think about past events for too long and just learn from both my mistakes and my successes.

This year is no exception...

I have been thinking about what was in 2008, but I am finding it very hard to wrap my head around all that has happened. Too much good, bad and ugly... Mostly it was good, with some bad thrown in there for some balance, and not a whole lot of ugly (just a bit...), which is good.

As I type, things become more clear and the pieces of the puzzle start sliding into place. At the end of 2007, I predicted that 2008 will be a bit of a roller-coaster ride, and it was. Perhaps I took a bit too much on, but GBGH, right? (see Dec 16th post!). I have learned who I can trust, and who I can't and since I always try to learn from my mistakes, I now have a sense of where my boundaries are. I will continue to push them in 2009, but a bit more gently this time around.

I have set some goals for 2009, and they are as big as always... In a nut shell, I will be traveling a bit more than last year and I will actually race too (running). There are more workshops, clinics and training camps planned, more coaches working with me, new partnerships, new website, and as always - a great group of dedicated athletes that are a pleasure to work with!

Happy 2009!!

Noa

No comments: