February 12, 2009

I miss NZ!

One of my friends is flying to New Zealand for some biking around the South Island in a little bit over a week. Since the South island of New Zealand was my stomping ground for about 3.5 years, I helped her map out some routes after swimming on Sunday. The problem is, I have been NZ sick all week long!

I mainly miss the Port hills around Christchurch... so awesome for training! The best part was that I used to live less than a 10 min jog from the base of the hills. In Victoria, I have to drive to the trails. Maybe I should just move closer to some trails, that will fix it :) I am starting to think that I might just have to plan a trip to NZ. This time, not as a poor student... I guess I will have to wait at least until November, when I am done with my post grad course work. It will actually work really well, because it will be spring/summer in NZ then!!

In the mean time - here are a couple picture taken from Rapaki trail (the one closest to where I lived), overlooking the city. I really need to scan some pictures... almost all of them were taken using one of those non digital camera! WOW! Hahaha :)



4 comments:

Unknown said...

I was born and raised in CHCH and now live in Austin, TX. Seeing the pictures makes me realize how much I miss NZ as well!!

Noa said...

Wow, that must have been a big change from NZ to Texas...?!

DaveR said...

Time to move to the west shore Noa. Front door access to Thetis, Royal Roads trails and the (non-paved) goose is worth the commute into town!!

Unknown said...

Thanks Noa for the touring advice! I'm so very excited! And will be sure to think of you while I heave my very overloaded bike through the mountains - and be thankful you've pointed out the epics to avoid!