February 19, 2009

Its sunny in Victoria, and Im looking forward to even more Vitamin D in AZ...

We are heading to Arizona on Saturday morning... I have been waiting to head to a sunny location for a while now, and as a bit of a preview, the weather in Victoria has been AWESOME this week! So sunny and beautiful...

My dad was visiting this week, and I dropped him off at the ferry this morning (his flight leaves from Vancouver). On my way back into town I stopped by Trek Pro City Cycle to say hi to the boys and pick up some new bar tape. I swap my bar tape often not because it needs to be swapped, but because I get bored with the color pretty fast... Haha. I know, kind of random... but I figured it might motivate me to get back at it after taking a long break from my beloved bike. What do you know, IT WORKED! As soon as I got home, I swapped the bar tape, and headed out for a spin. I now have bright blue bar tape on my bike... I love the Fizik bar tape... it is so awesome and it comes in some GREAT colors. It was tight between bright green and bright blue... and blue won (maybe I'll get the green one next time!).

The ride was pretty awesome. Just a light spin along the water front... Felt pretty good even though I am no where near proper riding shape. I guess that is all relative though... My legs and lungs will get used to being on the bike again, and by the time I get back from riding in sunny Arizona, I am sure things will feel much better.

Well, time to get back at it... things to do and athletes to coach!

N

3 comments:

DaveR said...

Have a great camp!! Hope you have lots of updates and pictures. Those of us "family challenged" would like to live vicariously through you!!

DaveR said...

So not to put pressure on you or anything, but there is another Victoria Tri squad who is having a camp in a warm climate and there coach has daily updates on his blog!! Time to step it up!!

Noa said...

I guess their coach is not a grad student trying to get an assignment in while coaching athletes at home, AND supporting the athletes here while they train 4-7 hours on a daily basis... ;) I am updating twitter...!!