It turned out pretty tasty, Andrew gave it two thumbs up :-)
I might start experimenting with stuffing a different veggie every weekend... next up = squash?
What you need
- 1 large eggplant
- ~350g ground turkey
- 1 white onion, chopped
- 3-4 cloves garlic, crushed and finely chopped
- 2 medium size tomatoes, diced
- 1 tsp ginger
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1/2 tsp allspice
- 2 tbsp almond flour
- 2 tsp coconut oil
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees.
- Cut the eggplant in half, length-wise. Scoop the eggplant out, but be careful to leave enough of a 'wall' so you can stuff it later.
- Dice the scooped eggplant to small pieces and set aside.
- Heat a pan with 1 tsp coconut oil and brown the ground turkey. Drain and set aside.
- Saute onion in coconut oil until translucent.
- Add the garlic, ginger, allspice, mustard and salt & pepper. Stir and cook for a couple of minutes.
- Add tomatoes and the scooped, diced eggplant. Cook for 5 minutes over medium heat.
- Add the cooked turkey and cook for another 5-10 minutes.
- Stuff each eggplant halfes with the mixture and sprinkle with the almond flour.
- Bake at 400 degrees for approximately 10 minutes, or until soft and brown at the top.