March 2, 2010

Some pictures are worth a thousand words...


AKA I am too lazy to write an actual post!

Although we got back just a few days ago (on Sunday), Tucson seems so far away already. Back to the normal grind, and to good coffee! We couldn't find any good coffee shops in Tucson... I drunk more Starbucks coffee than I have in years, and I wasn't very happy about that at all.

Derek, Kamal, Tyler and Matt & Amber all updated their blogs with summaries and pictures (still waiting for Adam to do that too), so I don't really feel the need to post a long summary of my own, other than to say that although the weather didn't really cooperate - it was such an awesome camp! Everyone put in some very solid days and worked pretty darn hard. It was awesome to have a small group of very dedicated athletes train harder than they thought they could... I was proud to see everyone get the work done with no complaining, no shortcuts - just a lot of hard work and a high performance attitude. Well done, boys! Keep it up :-)

Now on to some pictures!
The Oro Valley pool made a mistake. They put the lane ropes the wrong way... Short course yards made our head spin!
Sandario loop. We ended up getting a bit lost and got stuck in the dark. Ooops. It was still a great ride!
This is why trips to the grocery store took way too long...
Ah, Vitamin D!
Um, I don't really know what to say about these ones, other than to point out the obvious: Derek is funny. There is also a video coming, I just need to sort out the music and finish editing it.
I am kind of surprised Tyler and Kamal didn't get kicked out of the pool, in light of this last pool rule...
Epic run at the Catalina State Park, including lots of elevation gain and 4 river crossings. The boys didn't want to get their feet wet, but I couldn't care less and just run right through, getting a head start after every river!
 
  
 
There was SO much snow up Mt. Lemmon! It started at about 11 miles. The boys rode all the way up to the ski hill and Tyler was crowned king of the mountain, except he was too tired to care and talked about himself in the 3rd person for the rest of the day.

No comments: