October 4, 2008

Sodium and fluid intake during endurance events. Your thoughts?

I just realized it has been a while since my last blog update... I have been a bit busy with current athletes getting back into the swing of things and new athletes joining the team. I have also been buried behind piles of research articles about exercise associated muscle cramps (EAMC) and the effectiveness of salt and water supplements as treatment. That assignment is due in a week.

I'm curious to hear the thoughts and experiences of those who read this blog... What are your attitudes towards fluid and sodium intake during endurance exercise? What are your fluid and sodium intake during half Ironman, Ironman races and/or ultra running events? Why? Is it because of direct advice you received from a sports nutritionist? advice from a friend? a magazine article you happened to read?

It would be great to get some comments and different perspectives... My research will be done by October 12th and I will post my conclusions shortly afterwards :)

No comments: