March 27, 2009

What's new?

The Comox half marathon was a great race for Audrey, running 1:43:10 and placing 9th in the F45-49 AG. Thats a PB by over 4 minutes! It definitely gave her a confidence boost, and I was a very happy coach when I got her message :)

Next weekend, Gord and Adam will toe the start line at the New Orleans 70.3. It will be Adam's first race as a pro, which is pretty exciting! The mens field will be very strong, so it will be a great experience.

Next up, towards the end of April, Kate will be heading to the Boston marathon and some of our athletes will be racing at the Delta triathlon.

Things have been pretty busy this month and March is just flying by! I have done 22 bike fits so far this month, and I have 4 more booked between now and April 1st. That is in addition to coaching 20+ athletes, and staying on top of my school work. Im doing pretty well on the school work front, which basically means that I am not too far behind on listening to my lectures, etc. Sometimes I wish I had actual classes to go to, instead of doing everything online, but most of the time I'm pretty grateful for the flexibility of distance learning.

I have been swimming a bit more (I swim every week, rather than once every 6 months!) and running and cycling, for fun. I have no racing plans... I get asked about my racing plans so often! My last race was about 5 years ago, and I don't know when my next one will be. I still have ultra-running aspirations, but the timing has to work, which hasn't happened yet. It will one day... in the mean time I am having fun working with athletes and finding balance in my life :)

Ok, time to log off and head to the office... bike fits to do :)

N

No comments: