November 8, 2008

Long time no post...

This past week simply flew by... I have been reflecting about the previous season... and thinking about what I want to do this coming season. Here are my top 10 moments/events/things I am thankfull for/etc... for the 07/08 season, in no particular order :)

1. Going back to school for post graduate education in sports nutrition. It is one tough program, but I am enjoying it! Half way through... Graduation is in Dec 09, at the Olympic museum.

2. Quitting my job and having fun coaching full time (and doing bike fits, testing, consulting, etc, etc...).

3. Flying to China for the Olympic sport science and medicine conference.

4. My athletes doing very well this season. I will put together some stats for another post... Many accomplishments, podiums and personal bests were achieved :)

5. Playing around with the Retul bike fitting system... what can I say, Im a geek and I love numbers!

6. My athletes racing. When my athletes race - it is as if I am out there racing too... I experience the same emotions they do: the anxiety, anticipating and excitement before a race, the feeling you get when you are working really hard, and then the feeling of satisfaction and joy at the finish line... That will probably be in my top 10 moments for next year too!

7. Surrounding myself with a great team of coaches, athletes, physiotherapists and massage therapists. You are all awesome!!

8. My family and friends, helping me out when things got a bit tough. Thank you.

9. Learning my strengths, weaknesses and limits...

10. Having fun while doing what I absolutley love!

1 comment:

Dr. Nellie Deutsch said...

Hi Noa,
Thank you for posting such a wholesome list of reflections. I love reading your blog.

Thank you for sharing.